Please find below a general outline of topics and example questions for our interview.
Bare in mind that this is not written in stone. I want to keep the interview light and conversational. In other words, I want to listen to your story and see where it takes us!
- Where did you grow up?
- Your early influences
- Your studies
- When did you know that you had the entrepreneurial bug?
- Your business model
- How did you test your business idea? What were the challenges?
- What were unexpected operationally difficulties? What do they reveal about your market?
- How did you overcome the hurdles of early stage funding?
- A light bulb moment where your business started to click into place
- The upsides and downsides of running your own business
- Your routines, habits and “hacks” that allow you to perform at your best
- Your mentors
- What is the best advice you've ever received?
- Recommend an Internet resource
- You've taken a sabbatical from your job. If you could go to any African city for a year to learn and improve your business, where would you go?